Sunday 20 March 2011

Overdue Update

Been busy with family tragedies - Mother in Law died - Father in Law wanted to die to join her! - Father died - 5 friends died of various cancers - and all sorts of Sh*t on other fronts............sometimes life sucks.

"If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all......"

Did two track days at the Nurburgring with Destination Nurburgring in the Elan - fabulous. Here are some pictures:-

This is April 2010
















Very well run and a great selection of cars - even a Ferrari 599 FXB - the noise was incredible as was the speed.

Here are some from the Aug 2010 DN or DN2 as it has become known :-)

Most extreme Capari driven by a "professional" who didn't understand that the flags apply to everyone!

















It was really great to have the Nordschlief to
ourselves. No Tourists, No buses, No D**kheads.
Just everyone enjoying themselves with virtually no stoppages.









Most of the photos are from my good friend Jochen of Frozenspeed - he really is a fantastic photographer - his pictures are always excellent.

I am suffering my winter blues and withdrawal symptoms from not driving the Ring for months!

I had a track day with the BMW car club at Silverstone on the Stowe circuit - the forecast for the previous two weeks was dry sunny but cold....................................... It was actually wet grey damp and cold. I had put my track tyres on in the vain hope that the forecast would be right!

so I spent most of the day slipping and sliding with no traction whatsoever - still we had a laugh and I met up with some old friends.














No comments: