Monday 15 September 2014

In March I got an invite to come along and help the Stroke Foundation at Castle Coombe by giving pax laps in the M3 round Castle Coombe. The weather was not very good or warm - bloody cold in fact. I foolishly thought I could get some heat in the 888 tyres and fitted them to the car! Going very steady at Quarry - it was like driving on ice - I pirouetted off the track and onto the grass - no damage (apart from my pride) - I even struggled to get off the grass. Yikes - so I went back in and fitted the road wheels and tyres.

My kids were coming later with the Wet wheels and tyres - so if the weather continued to get wetter I would put those on. Guess what it got wetter - so I did.

First time I had driven the E36 with Wets - sorry the first time I have driven with wets. I had a set with the E30 M3 but never used them - I just used to carry them around like a lucky  charm.

Fantastic in the wet - I was having great fun driving round everyone.

There were some great cars there including a Ferrari 250 and he was giving pax laps!!!!


Absolutely stunning - even more by taking it out on track given the value of this car!

There were some other unusual cars there also..............






My son was standing on the embankment at Castle as I was going round a Gallardo in the Wet :-) And a guy said to his mate "look at that a 20 year old BMW going by a Lamborghini" my son had to tell them it was his old man and he was on wets.

A good day and hopefully the charity benefited as well.



No comments: