Monday 15 September 2014

Well - 8 months since I have updated this! :-(

Sorry life has been too hectic with work, cars and relationships......

Got the Elan back and had it on the road for only a couple of months when the MOT ran out - failed MOT with NS suspension arm! £450 from Lotus and £400 from Lotus suppliers. So looking for a good 2nd hand one and Elan will be Sorn-ed for the moment :-(

Oh! and it needed a new radiator as the old one was bust and leaking :-( Fortunately I had a new radiator in the garage...............or so I thought? After searching the entire garage I could not find it?

After a few days I had a memory of putting the rad on top of racking in the garage of our last house...and I had left the racking there...mmmmmm. So I texted the new owners to ask if they could look on top of the racking - and there it was.

Fitting it was another painful, frustrating, episode in the full upside down Lotus position - working on your back through a letterbox of an opening between the engine and the front bumper. Then once your hands are in place with the tools to undo the bolts you cannot see them (the bolts) Arghhhhh

It took three weekends as my patience was usually exhausted after a couple of hours.

I then was offered a Lower TCA from an LEC member. Fully prepped, rust proofed, new ball joint for £90 so I took up the offer and drove down to Bristol to pick it up.

Got the garage to fit it and MOT the Elan and then it was taxed and put on the road - hurray :-)

So what do you do- it's still winter - you take it for a blast and get it dirty :-)





Then clean it before you put it back in the garage.



Both my kids love the Elan and Louisa borrowed it for a day in the country - Pete (son in law) thinks it's too noisy - Peco sport exhaust :-)

Then there was the Lotus Festival at Brands Hatch - Louisa and I went along on one of the days - along with thousands of other Loti

Louisa got to drive the Elan on track during the parade lap at lunchtime. Here are some pics of the day.








 


No comments: