Friday 19 December 2014

Well I've had another long string of bad luck with cars...................again

OK next part - is the A8 - small silencer under the front seats is blowing. The stainless steel unit of the black one (through a communication breakdown did not get delivered to Donnington) so on a business trip to Scotland I swung by West Yorkshire on the way back and picked it up from Baz & Stan's place. Stan helped me put the exhaust on the roof bars on the A8.

I stayed the night at a Monastery - for a reasonable rate and it was around the corner from Stan's place. So Stan and I went for a few beers and a bite to eat. I got back to the Monastery about 1130pm to find the gates closed and locked and no one answering the phone! I had to climb over the gate to get to the building and to my room.................I am not known for my climbing prowess :-(

Next morning  I went to Longlife Exhausts in Leeds and the fitted the exhaust to the A8 for £80 which I thought was very reasonable.

Sorry no pics of this escapade

Now I mentioned Donnington in the last part. this was a Northloop trackday and I trailered the M3 there and the weather was good to us - cold but sunny and dry.


However, it was not so good for the front disks - both cracked in the late morning session. stupid EBC grooved and drilled replacements for the ones that went at the Ring.............rubbish. Fortunately I had brought the old solid disks with me as a precaution - phew. So I fitted these over the lunchtime and also fitted the alloys with the slicks as the weather was still good.


Here are some pics of the day - On the 888's struggling to get heat into them in the morning.

At the bottom of the Craner Curves with Phil of Drifworks in his fabulous GT3 coming up fast behind. :-)
Fantastic afternoon - some sessions with another M3 - Phil of Driftworks Business Partner - really good. A session with James in his 969 - picture to the right.








However, the diff was getting noisier and noisier..............something had to be done.

So I booked it into Gareth's and he took it apart and this is what he found - the other parts to the "strays" are welded to the scrap metal that was my diff - you can just see the remains in the cardboard box in the back of the picture!

Another friend came up with a replacement Diff at a good price and I picked it up from Shrewsbury on the way back from Scotland after having the exhaust fitted .....................

All good now.



No comments: